2. I'm an introvert. I like to hide. In my house, behind my art table, on my couch, and in my bed. I make nests, and surround myself with pillows and blankets, and curl up there with good books, my knitting, and my kids. I can attend fairs, meetings, parties, etc, but I need to replenish afterwards. I need space to breathe and process everything.
3. I used to be an extremely negative person.
4. I have an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto Thyroiditis. My body attacks my thyroid and makes it nearly impossible to convert T4 to T3, which is absolutely essential to the body's ability to function.
5. I had a miscarriage in 2009. It was heartbreaking.
6. I'm terrified of water, but I love to swim, and I'm a very strong swimmer.
7. I am obsessed with vampires. I have been since I first read Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire.
8. I owed a three legged sheep. Her name was Love. She was headed for the butcher's, when I asked if I could have her instead.
9. I have bipolar disorder, but I live a very functional life.
10. My husband to be and I write love letters to each other. On parchment paper. With calligraphy nibs and ink. And then we seal the letters with wax and special wax stamps. I have a tiny mailbox on my art table, and that's how we exchange letters!
11. Our house is full of oil lamps. We use them to light and heat our house instead of electricity. It's really cozy!!
12. I hate wearing watched on my wrist. So, I never do.
13. I don't know how to walk in heels. I feel like I'm trying on stilts for the first time.
14. I have three tattoos and I plan on getting more.
15. I once had my eyebrow and my belly button pierced. I won't be doing that again.
16. I have two different feet. One is narrow and fits nicely into a size 7.5. The other is very wide (even after having surgery to fix it), and fits nicely into a size 8.5. Since I was a child, I've had to buy 2 pairs of the same shoe in two different sizes. I used to hate it, but I don't anymore. It's just the way my body is!
17. I fell down a tree. I didn't fall out of it, I literally fell down the trunk and my sweet Grammie had to dig bark out from under my skin with a hot needle.
18. If I could get away with it, I'd be an animal hoarder.
19. I have a perfect driving record.
20. I love the smell of gesso.
21. I purchase raw fleece, clean it, comb it, dye it, and spin it. And then I knit with it.
22. I lived in Mexico for two months. The entire time I was there, the sun never came out for a full day, and it rained so much that workers were digging ditches along side the roads to deal with the flooding. It really sucked, because our laundry machine was outside, underneath the steps of the top balcony, and I didn't have a dryer.
23. I still watch My Little Ponies with my girls. My favorite is Pinkie Pie. She shoots confetti out of a canon and says things like "Nervouexcited", which is how I am most of the time!
24. I am a pluviophile. I recently found out that someone who finds comfort and peace of mind when it rains is called that.
25. I believe in reincarnation. I think that God is not always done with us once our physical life is over.
That was FUN!!! I've never done anything like that before...What about you? What are some things that no one really knows about? Do you play the piano with your toes? Do you write under a pseudonym? Share them with me! Or the world! I would love to hear about you!